Course Guide for Crews
Course Guide for Spectators and Crew
Driving Directions to aid stations from West to East:
Oldenburg Point Picnic Area, Jay Cooke State Park/Turnaround 100K (ample parking):
Directions to Oldenburg Point:
From the South:
Take I-35 to MN-210 E at exit 235. Turn right onto MN-210. Follow MN-210 E/E Hwy 210 to your destination. Turn right into Oldenburg Point picnic area.
From the North:
Take I-35 South to Esko exit 242. Take Left onto Thompson road and follow Thompson road into Thompson, MN. Take Left on Hwy-210 and follow Hwy-210 to your destination. Turn right into Oldenburg Point picnic area.
Grand Portage Aid Station (CLOSED TO CREWS. YOUR RUNNER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF CREWS GO TO GRAND PORTAGE):
Aid station is in the Grand Portage parking lot.
1) From the start at Oldenburg Point picnic area, take a right onto Hwy 210 and follow Hwy 210 to the Grand Portage parking lot and aid station. Take a right into the parking lot.
Munger Parking Lot Trailhead Aid Station (limited parking, part of lot is on private land):
1) From the Grand Portage aid station, take a right onto Hwy 210 and follow Hwy 210 to Fond du Lac and take a left onto Hwy 23/Grand Avenue. In Gary, turn left on W Gary Street. At the t-intersection, turn left on Becks Road. Turn right onto 123rd Ave West and follow short gravel road to Superior Hiking Trail parking lot and aid station.
Magney-Snively Trailhead Aid Station (ample parking)
1) From Munger aid station go back out to Becks Road, turn right onto Becks Road. Go 1.2 miles to Skyline Parkway, turn right. On Skyline Parkway go 3.7 miles to Magney-Snively parking lot and aid station on the Right. 2)From I-35, take Boundary Ave Exit #249. Go south on Boundary Ave. past gas station, McDonald’s, to T-stop. Turn left on Skyline Parkway (follow Spirit Mountain signs). Pass turnoff to Spirit Mountain chalet and continue another 1.5 miles on Skyline Parkway to parking lot on left.
Spirit Mountain Aid Station (ample parking at lower lodge parking lot):
1) From Magney-Snively aid station go right on Skyline Parkway. Follow Skyline Parkway 2 miles to junction with Interstate 35. Turn right, onto I-35 towards Duluth. Follow I-35 one mile to the Cody Street Exit, Exit 251A. Merge right onto Cody St. After 2 blocks turn right at N 63rd Ave. W. After about 10 blocks, go right on Grand Avenue. Go 1.8 miles southwest on Grand Avenue and turn right into the new Spirit Mountain lodge parking lot at the base of the hill. This is a water only aid station but crews may meet there runners here and provide aid.
Spirit Mountain Grand Avenue Chalet (Ample parking. Water only, unattended aid station. Crews MAY meet their runner here and provide aid.)
(Finish line for Harder 'n Heck Half Marathon and Terribly Tough 10K):
1) From Magney Snively Aid Station head northeast or right onto W Skyline Pkwy toward upper Spirit Mountain and I-35 for 2.0 miles to I-35. Turn right to stay on W Skyline Pkwy for 0.3 mi. Turn right to merge onto I-35 N, stay on I-35 for 1.6 mi. Take exit 251A to merge onto Cody St. Continue straight to stay on Cody St for 0.2 mi. Turn right onto N 63rd Ave W. for 0.6 mi. Turn right onto Grand Ave for 1.8 mi. Turn right onto Warwick St and into the lower Spirit Mountain Parking lot. There is a sign for Spirit Mountain on Grand Avenue.
Highland/Getchell Road Trailhead Aid Station (limited parking):
1) From Spirit Mountain aid station go back out to Grand Avenue and take a left onto Grand Avenue. Follow Grand Avenue northeast 2.2 miles to N 59th Ave W and take a left on N 59th Ave W. Follow N 59th Ave W 0.8 miles to Highland Street. Take a left on Highland Street and follow it uphill to its junction with Skyline Parkway. Take a right on Skyline Parkway. The aid station is on the right in the Superior Hiking Trail parking lot. 2) From the south, take I-35 Boundary Ave Exit #249. Turn left, cross bridge, then take right onto Skyline Parkway. Drive 2.4 miles to trailhead at intersection of Skyline Parkway, Getchell Rd, and Highland St. 3) From the north, take I-35 Central Ave Exit #252. Turn right and go 0.8 miles uphill on Central Avenue. Turn left on Highland Street and go 1.1 miles to intersection of Skyline Parkway. Go right on Skyline to trailhead parking lot on right.
N. 24th Avenue W. Trailhead Aid Station (limited parking):
1) From Highland/Getchell aid station go out to Skyline Parkway and take a Right onto Skyline Parkway. Follow Skyline Parkway looping around for 1.9 miles to Haines Road. Turn left onto Haines Road and then turn right almost immediately back onto Skyline Parkway. Go 1.7 miles on Skyline Parkway to N. 24th Ave. W. The aid station is across N 24th Ave W to your right. 2) From I-35, take Piedmont Ave/Hwy 53 Exit #255A uphill 1.5 miles, turn left at stoplight onto Piedmont Ave, take first left onto N 24th Ave W, cross Skyline Parkway, and take left into parking lot.
Bayfront Park Finish Line:
1) From N 24th Ave W aid station, head northwest on N 24th Ave W toward Piedmont Avenue for 482 feet. Turn right at Piedmont Avenue and go 387 feet to US-53/Piedmont Ave. Turn right onto US-53/Piedmont Ave and go 1.4 miles to I-35. Take the ramp to I-35 North. Keep left at the fork, follow the signs for I-35 N/MN-61 and merge onto I-35 N. Go 1.3 miles on I-35 N and take exit 256B for 5th Ave W toward Lake Ave. Turn right at S 5th Ave W. Take 1st right to stay on S 5th Ave E. Turn left at W Commerce St and continue onto W Railroad St. Turn left into Bayfront Park parking lot and the finish line.